Followers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

NOTD: Essie Resort Collection Part 1


Another nail of the day for you guys!  I saw the Essie Resort Collection of polishes in my copy of InStyle Magazine and knew I HAD to have them.  I thought they were going to be like others that I had, but they are in fact nothing like anything in my collection!  I picked them up at Trade Secret ($12.50 for the kit) in my local mall this weekend.  I was pumped to see that they had the collection in mini's since I prefer to buy sets in the small bottles because it is doubtful that I will make it to the end of a bottle before the stuff dries up and is replaced by a much more beloved color I get!  This way, I get to try all the shades for the price of one or two full sized bottles.

The first swatch out of the new Essie kit (above, it's pretty messy but I wanted a shot before I totally screwed up the color while working in the yard) is the color "Lapis of Luxury".  It is a creamy sky blue (which the photo makes it look a bit brighter than it really is, I'm sorry!).  The first day I wore it out, I got multiple comments from women saying, "Now, that is a blue I could wear!".  I personally think it would look great on toes as well!  As for the formula, I have always felt that Essie polishes are a bit thin for my liking.  I like to be able to slap on one coat and be able to go out if I have to before applying the second coat and you just can't do that with most of this brands polishes.  I like them, don't get me wrong, but most of the time, I have to apply 2 or more coats to get a nice, opaque coverage like I prefer.  The above swatch is one coat of China Glaze Base Coat, 2 coats Essie "Lapis of Luxury", and 2 coats Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat. There are 3 other colors in the kit and I will be doing NOTD on them soon!  Which color would you like to see next??!!

1 comment:

toshiam said...

Gorgeous colors! I have recently started loving essie. I may have to pick up this collection.