Followers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

NOTD: Essie Resort Collection Part 2

Here is the second color in the Essie Resort Collection that I purchased.  This is Splash of Grenadine which is, like the other colors in the collection, very creamy.  It is a pink with purple undertones that would glow against tan skin.  (Sorry, my fair skin does NOT do this color justice!)  Even though I have a lighter complexion, the color still worked well for me. 

I got a great life out of the formulation, again, wearing 2 coats over China Glaze Base Coat and finishing with my normal 2 coats of Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat.  On the fifth day, I did get some chipping and wear on the tips, but for me, that is GREAT!  I am very hard on my nails taking even a fresh (home) manicure into the garden or working on the remodel.  I know it is a sin, but life goes on even after "new" nails.

I can't say it enough, Essie polishes are really starting to grow on me and the fact that they offer their collections in the mini bottles makes my life complete!  I am patiently waiting for the Summer collection that is coming in June (according to the sales associate at my local Trade Secret).  I have seen swatches in Allure and Glamour and cannot wait to share them here! 

If you didn't catch the first post in this four part series, click this link to check it out!  Stay tuned for the next two parts to this series coming in the next 2 weeks!

1 comment:

organic lipstick said...

I think I love the color.It is subtle yet smart.There is a rage for shocking and outrageous colors though I prefer the softer numbers.